An excellent first look at the 2009 Honda Fit – while, the full details haven’t been released by honda yet, but a bunch of features are known including:
- Optional satellite navigation system with voice recognition (first time) in its subcompact
- iPod integration is standard on the Fit Sport.
- Electronic stability control is optional for 2009
- Safety features include: advanced airbags, anti-lock brakes, and electronic brake force distribution
- Engine options include a 1.3 liter i-VTEC, 100 horse-power model with a class leading fuel economy-4.2 liters per 100 kilometers.
- The sportier 1.5 liter i-VTEC with 120 horsepower still manages a respectable fuel economy of 5.1 liters per 100 km
- Transmission choices include a true manual and an automatic with optional steering-mounted paddle shifters. Both the automatic and manual transmissions feature five forward gears.
- Rim size has been increased to 15-inches for the Fit and 16-inches for the Fit Sport.
It is no Civic but, for the cost and environment conscious, the soon to be released 2009 Honda Fit looks like a nice choice! I am sure it won’t be long at all before there is a myriad of high performance honda accessories available either!